We understand that having an accident can be a confusing and stressful time, which is why you need to be fully aware of your rights before making a claim.
We don’t compromise on the quality and the safety of repairs, it’s your vehicle – it’s your choice that repairs it for you. We don’t compromise on the quality and the safety of repairs.
Unfortunately some insurance companies are more interested in repairing your vehicle as cheaply as possible, rather than reinstating it back to pre-accident manufacturer conditions and standards. Often they will use scare tactics to try and force their customers ‘you’ to their own repair centre, purely to drive costs down to an absolute minimum.
Insist upon a manufacturer approved repair centre and quality assured certificate
The damaged vehicle will often be repaired using non-genuine aftermarket parts, which can compromise the quality of repair and also affects your manufacturer’s warranty. The residual value of your vehicle may also be adversely affected if the repair is not carried out correctly to manufacturer standards.
Your right to choose who repairs your vehicle was confirmed by a directive from the Office of Fair Trading stating that your insurance company must treat you fairly and allow you to exercise this right. If you feel you have been treated unfairly, inform your insurance company that you will be contacting the Financial Conduct Authority where you will receive free and impartial advice.
Important facts you need to know before making a claim
- It is your legal right to choose who repairs your vehicle and you should not be restricted in exercising this right. Don’t be pressurised into using your insurance companies own repair centre
- Your vehicles warranty, residual value and safety may be compromised if it is not repaired by the manufacturer approved repair centre.
- It is a common misconception that the courtesy cars are paid for by the insurance company. They are in fact provided at the repair centres own expense. We can provide you with a free courtesy vehicle, whilst repairs are carried out
- All repairs to your vehicle must be authorised by your insurance company regardless of where it is repaired
- Insurance approved repair centres are appointed based on agreed commercial terms, not necessarily because of the quality of service and repair they provide. We are manufacturer factory approved, meaning we have been appointed because we meet strict training, tooling and competency audits which are carried out regularly by the vehicle manufacturer’s
CALL NOW AND GET YOUR VEHICLE REPAIRED AT OUR REPAIR CENTRE: 0116 276 6619